Individually and in conjunction with Project Managers prepare conceptual estimates, schematic estimates, and bids by analyzing proposals and requirements, including contractual terms and conditions
Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information, Planning, Reporting Research Results and Data, Strategic Planning, Attention to Detail, Ability to Multi-task, Communicates well with others, Requirements Analysis, continue and develop effective subcontractor relationships
- Prepares estimates by gathering, analyzing, and qualifying proposals, drawings/blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements and computes their costs
- Works with project managers to formulate cost break down from estimates
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents well-organized estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information., including clear detailed quantity take-offs
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Review and evaluate cost estimates
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects
- Manage bid pricing from all vendors
- Prepare and insure timely completion of detailed estimates for all products
- Understand scope of work to bid
- Prepare cost analysis
- Maintain relationships with existing sub-contractors and develop new subcontractor sources
- Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services when requested.
- 5+ years experience in construction, civil, architectural, structural, MEP estimating
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Applied Science, Civil Engineering or related field
- Able to read plans and develop cost estimates
- Strong understanding of commercial construction processes
- Previous experience estimating projects into the $ 5 million range.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Experience with estimating and scheduling software
- Ability to work in an office in a fast-paced environment with variable working hours
We are a long standing, family owned General Contracting firm completing projects in the Midwestern United States for a variety of national and local clients.
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 3 year (Preferred)