To become a world-class finance business partner at Quasius, helping our Business Teams understand and manage the financial results connected to their work, and serve our clients and partners by delivering the highest quality building services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be a leader at Quasius from a position in job cost accounting which is vital function in construction management.
- Manage the cost accounting process from beginning to end.
- Partner closely with the Project Management and Estimating to manage project cost with focus on improvement of decision making.
- Assist with Project Management to prepare billings and manage accounts receivable.
- Partner with A/P to coordinate outgoing payments and manage cash flow.
- Partner with Field Operations and Shop Manager to manage indirect cost of sales, equipment time allocation, inventory, and overall cost efficiency in shop operations.
- Assist Director of Finance with financial statement preparation which requires on-going maintenance to produce high-quality interim financial statements and be well positioned for year-end audit.
- Act as Controller of our holding company (Quasius Enterprises), manage rent revenue, cash, expenses, and prepare financial statements.
- Manage sales and use tax remittance and compliance.
- Train as backup for payroll, build an overall understanding of the intricacies of payroll that include timekeeping, job cost, union reporting and tax compliance.
Position Background Requirements:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- College level education in finance or accounting
- Construction job cost or manufacturing cost accounting experience
- ERP system experience
Competencies and Skills Required
- High attention to detail, critical thinking ability, and strong communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Daily office attendance required (this is not a remote position)
- Travel requirements minimal
- Ideal candidate has potential to progress to Director of Finance as Quasius grows