To create optimum profit for the company by successfully managing each project while maintaining customer satisfaction with thorough and professional communication; and following company defined best practices and processes. Maintain positive culture for field and project support staff.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Project Coordination & Cost Control
- Job Cost monitoring of labor, materials, subcontractors & general category costs weekly. Inform and engage field operations on potential production issues.
- Review and manage job cost weekly and produce monthly, on-time, work in progress/cost to complete reports for Accounting.
- Communicate field labor production goals for self-performed work with field operations
- Review and approve job A/P billings weekly for accounting
- Track all contingency expenditures, field directives, and contract administration
- Communicate weekly with field operations on job status and concerns. Respond timely/same day if possible to field questions.
- Manage and oversee project engineer job specific project management support responsibilities
- Expedite and manage job set-up check list
- Review contract documents and communicate key information to field at least 2 weeks prior to start date to allow for field efficiency planning.
- Develop project schedule prior to start date and publish to project management website; update and maintain timely as needed for project team
- Complete pre-construction planning meeting with field supervisor, field operations and estimating
- Review finalized estimate is per contract with accepted alternates and Job Cost transfer/Estimate file export for accounting job cost import; cross check after import; adjust as needed
- Schedule and lead project onsite review and kick-off meetings ahead of field start date
- Review documentation of all required agencies and approvals
- Lead and work with Estimating department on the project buyout process and determination of the subcontractor/vendor selection criteria and commitments
- Lead the project team throughout the project duration and lead team management meetings
- Applications for Payment & Change Orders
- Billings submitted by project manager to A/R monthly on time prior to end of month per contract terms, including all approved monthly change orders
- Schedule of Values set-up prior to initial billing; submit to accounting
- A/R billings to always maintain a positive cash flow
- Monitor A/R aging report and follow-up on past due accounts
- Final billing with all changes and retainages
- Lead project job meetings onsite
- Secure customer satisfaction survey and request testimonial/letter of recommendation at project substantial completion
- Provide support to Business Development Sales and Marketing to win new opportunities, secure new accounts and opportunities, and manage existing accounts and opportunities. Must use and remain proficient using Company’s CRM web-based tool.
- Work with the Estimating to “value engineer” the project for potential cost savings as needed to close or move project forward.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maximize project profit, managing all aspects within project manager control
- Customer satisfaction
- On time job cost reporting and billings
- Positive field and office staff feedback on project communications
- Schedule adherence and management
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Ability to work at/with all levels of an organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to shift gears when necessary
- Financial and accounting understanding
- CPM scheduling and planning knowledge